What was the "dirty word" that made such a difference in my life?
When was the last time you heard a message or teaching on a biblical word like justification or propitiation?
Have you heard any teachings on the Trinity? The omniscience of God? The union of two natures in one Person in Christ?
Almost everything I was hearing was about MY behavior, not GOD's nature! Obedience, performance, service, sacrifice, surrender -- everything was about me, not about the depths of the knowledge of God.
I'm not saying it's the only thing, but for me, THEOLOGY is the main thing. Here are FIVE HUGE BENEFITS OF STUDYING THEOLOGY in my life.
1. Studying theology gave me the WHY for all the activity I did for Christ.
2. Studying theology gave me supernatural power to live a life of grace-powered holiness.
3. Studying theology taught me not to serve God for blessing, but from blessing.
4. Studying theology gave me an airtight case to shut Satan's mouth every time he accused me.
5. Studying theology delivered me from legalism, guilt, and shame.
I'm not saying it's magic. But if you're willing to put in some work... if you can devote some screen time to God... I promise you will see indescribable power and freedom as you come to know Him, "whom to know is life eternal."
God gave me a passion to help everyone I know to find the same treasure I found when I found the in-depth knowledge of my Savior and my God.