Today's episode is all about having a better understanding of God's word.
When you enter a Christian bookstore, and you're looking for a Bible, you'll surely be welcomed by a dizzying array of Bibles and might have a hard time picking which one is right for you.
So, let me tell you about the different philosophies of Bible translations — which is more accurate, and which is more readable.
If you'd like to have a better understanding of Bibles and want to pick out the best version for you. Go ahead and listen to today's podcast episode. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Introduction [0:00]
2. What's our topic for today? [2:59]
3. First theory of translation: Formal Equivalence [5:01]
4. The benefits of a formal equivalence translation [6:16]
5. The trade-off of a formal equivalence translation [10:20]
6. Second theory of translation: Dynamic Equivalence [11:04]
7. The goal of dynamic equivalence translation [12:06]
8. The drawback of dynamic equivalence [12:52]
9. Third theory of translation: Complete equivalence [16:05]
10. What Bible does Bill recommend for daily use? [17:56]
11. What Bible does Bill recommend for studying? [19:11]
Bibles using Formal Equivalence Translation:
● NASB, NASB, ESV, NKJV, RSV, NIV, GNT
Bibles using Dynamic Equivalence Translation:
● NLT, CEV, VOICE, MSG
Bibles using Complete Equivalence Translation:
● Matthew 6:19
About Our Host:
Dr. Bill Giovannetti is the Senior Pastor of Pathway Church in Redding, California and the founder of Veritas School of Biblical Ministry, offering online theological training for everyday Christians. Bill has always had a passion to bring the deep things of God's Word to the everyday people of God
● Veritas School Online Theological School https://www.veritasschool.life/
Connect with Bill Giovannetti:
● Visit the website https://www.veritasschool.life/
● Subscribe to the podcast https://maxgrace.com/category/podcasts/
Thanks for tuning in! Please don't forget to like, share, and subscribe!